Last revision date: 18th May 2018.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) affects all businesses across the EU and there is mandatory compliance from the 25th May 2018.
Hireco Plant and Tool cares about your privacy.
If at any time you have questions about our practices or any of your rights described below, you may reach us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This inbox is actively monitored and managed so that we can deliver an experience that you can confidently trust.
What information do we collect?
We collect information so that we can provide the best possible experience when you utilise our our website. Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
(1) Register as a customer with us i.e. billing information, including name, address, phone number and email;
(2) Complete online contact forms or other information from us (i.e. email);
(3) Participate in competitions and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you.
(4) Demographic information such as age, sex, GeoLocation, IP address, browser/device, preferences, and interests. (This is for Google Analytics – see “Cookies” Section below)
We also collect additional information when delivering our website to you to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These methods of collection may not be as obvious to you, so we wanted to highlight and explain below a bit more about what these might be (as they vary from time to time) and how they work:
Your device or browser may also enable you to control the collection of data from your device – see your device and browser instructions for more information in this respect.
Please note that if you choose to opt-out, you may lose some features and / or functionality of www.hirecopt.ie.
Cookies and similar technologies on our websites allow us to track your demographic information such as age, sex, geolocation, browsing behaviour, links clicked, your device type, and to collect various data, including analytics, about how you use and interact with our website. This allows us to provide you with a better experience on our website, and to collect, analyse and improve the performance of our website. We may also collect your location (IP address) so that we can improve the performance of our website.
A cookie is a small file which asks for permission to be placed in your web browser/computer hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps us to measure and analyze: website traffic and visitor behavior. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an “individual”. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your “preferences”. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better user experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
Google and various other websites that are listed below can track you through this website as we use their services for social media, usage analysis and behaviour tracking purposes.
Google participates in the NAI opt-out program. You can visit this link to no longer be tracked by Google and Google properties such as Google Plus.
Sharing with trusted third parties
We may share your personal data with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
• Performing analysis of our Website and customers demographics
• Communicating with you, i.e. by way of email
• Customer relationship management
We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
How we utilise information
We strongly believe in both minimising the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that
(1) for which we have been given permission,
(2) as necessary to deliver the services you use, purchase or interact with, or
(3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes.
These uses include:
Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing this website. We collect various information relating to your use and/or interactions with our website. We utilise this information to:
• Improve and optimise the operation and performance of our Website
• Diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to our Website
• Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Website
• Collecting aggregate statistics about the use of our Website
• Understand and analyse how you use our Website and what products and services are most relevant to you. Often, much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our Website, and is not linked to any personal data, but to the extent it is itself personal data, or is linked or linkable to personal data, we treat it accordingly.
Communicating with you
We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up for or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. These contacts may include:
• Text (SMS) messages
• Telephone calls
However, please note you do not need to provide consent in order to use our services or purchase our goods.
You may also update your subscription preferences with respect to receiving communications from us and/or our partners by contacting email@example.com.
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical.
How we secure, store and retain your data
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate. We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the website services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
• mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
• for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
• needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Policy
Consent and data use will be covered by terms and conditions and privacy notices of each social media platform, to which both parties (you the visitor and Hireco Plant and Tool) both independently agree to.
Our website is available only for those over the age of 18. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
You have rights under the GDPR:
(a) to access your personal data
(b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
(c) to have your personal data corrected
(d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
(e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
(f) to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Data Protection Commissioner.
• By Mail: Attn: Data Protection Officer, Hireco Plant and Tool Hire, Maudlins Industrial Estate, Monread Road, Naas, Co. Kildare
• By Phone: (045) 874 433.
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.